Kia ora, warm greetings, discover a truly powerful and unique experience -
Mitai - New Zealand’s MOST awarded Maori Cultural performance
This local Mitai family (whanau) - tribe, will bring to you the most authentic Maori Cultural experience in all New Zealand
- Mitai Maori village is an exciting introduction to Maori culture leaving you amazed and in awe. The Mitai family is proud to have created a sacred and spiritual place that offers you an authentic indigenous cultural experience like no other. The evening is guaranteed to leave you enthralled by our fascinating Maori Culture
- Your evening begins with a warm and personalized meet and greet from one of our beautiful Maori Maidens dressed in the traditional attire, providing you with the opportunity to take a photograph and to embrace the hospitality of our Maori people. Upon arrival to our Mitai Maori Village you will learn the basic guidelines of entering such a sacred place. Select a Chief to represent those visiting our village, representation of your group is considered to be honorable high ranking status in Maoridom
- Authentic, enter the world of Mitai and be enthralled by the natural bush setting, and learn of the past times and history of this significant area which once was occupied and flourished in villages
- See warriors in traditional dress paddle an ancient warrior canoe (waka) down the Wai-o-whiro stream, and don’t miss your only opportunity in the Rotorua area to see glow worms in their natural habitat. Marvel at the crystal clear water full of eels and trout flowing directly from the earth at the sacred “Fairy Spring”
- Entertaining, be captivated by songs, dances and games in a rich powerful entertaining cultural concert, complete with the spine tingling “Haka” Maori war dance
The Maori Koru design you see (above) and on our website, is very spiritual and is inspired by the New Zealand native fern fond unfurling as it grows. It represents peace, tranquility, personal growth, positive change and awakening. It is also associated with new life and harmony, or, anyone starting a new phase of their life.
Learn all about this fascinating culture only found in Aotearoa - New Zealand
Māori world view -
- Kaitiakitanga means guardianship, protection, preservation or sheltering. It is a way of managing the environment, based on the traditional Māori world view
- Traditionally, Māori believe there is a deep kinship between humans and the natural world. All life is connected. People are not superior to the natural order; they are part of it. Like some other indigenous cultures, Māori see humans as part of the web or fabric of life. To understand the world, one must understand the relationships between different parts of the web
Kaitiakitanga is a vehicle for rediscovering and applying these ideas.
Early bookings essential
Contact us now for further information -