Real New Zealand Tours -
Policy on Conservation and our Environment
Our goal is to ensure all visitors have an amazing world class experience when in New Zealand. We believe the majority of our visitors are motivated to travel to New Zealand because of our 100% pure pristine scenery, our clean green environment, and exciting outdoor adventure activities, so we want to play our part in protecting our environment for future generations -
- Within 6 months we will offer E.V. rental vehicles (100% electric)
- We all have a true moral and practical obligation to be socially and ecologically responsible
- We believe in and support the Tiaki promise - to care for land, sea, nature, to tread softly, travel safely, to consider others, to respect culture, travelling with an open heart and mind
Conservation Minister Eugenie Sage, has released a new Tourism Strategy that aims to enrich New Zealand-Aotearoa through sustainable tourism growth.
The Tourism Strategy sets out five key outcomes for tourism in New Zealand, and how the government will work with the tourism sector to achieve these. The outcomes are -
- Tourism supports thriving and sustainable regions
- Tourism sector productivity improves
- New Zealand-Aotearoa delivers exceptional visitor experiences
- Tourism protects, restores and champions New Zealand-Aotearoa’s natural environment, culture and historic heritage
- New Zealanders’ lives are improved by tourism
The focus on our natural environment recognises that this is one of our biggest drawcards, and we need to act as kaitiaki to protect if for the next generation.
We know that we can’t do this alone. The ongoing success of tourism in New Zealand will rely on strong industry leadership and we need the support of the industry and the public to achieve our goals.
Real New Zealand Tours and its Directors aspire to be a truly environmentally and sustainable friendly company.
To achieve our goal of helping to protect the environment, we promote the following responsible tourism practices and habits -
- Protect all flora, fauna and wildlife
- Leave only footprints
- Remove all rubbish
- Keep streams and lakes pristine clean
- Respect our unique cultural heritage
- Keep to the track at all times
- Consider and respect other people and their different ways even when you do not understand them!
- Real New Zealand Tours guides (when a private driver trip) actively encourage all visitors travelling around New Zealand to spend some time picking up any debris or litter that we see, especially in more remote isolated areas. This is part of our ongoing conservation initiative to keep New Zealand beautiful for generations to come. Our Kiwi guides will lead by example, and often make suggestions how best to “do your bit”. You can feel good and be very satisfied knowing that you have not only enjoyed our awesome scenery and done your bit to help keep it that way, but you have also helped protect our beautiful land for future visitors who next travel to Aotearoa New Zealand, so thank you
- Real New Zealand Tours office staff use energy-efficient light bulbs and have an active daily recycling programme. Staff are regularly reminded of their responsibilities
- We have double glazing glass on all office windows and rarely need to use any form of energy sourced heating, even in winter
- We are actively reducing printed material and replacing it with online digital content for training, marketing and the promotion of our business. We do not print any brochures
- Our goal is to have a paperless office. We encourage only online reservations
- We are strong advocates for all our guides and drivers to use Cloud based technology, for example, with their daily log book recording as required by Land Transport New Zealand (Government)
- We donate funds to a non-profit making Penguin Conservation project managed by Dr Chris Challies, a world leading authority on Penguins. When booking your trip with Real New Zealand Tours you are actively supporting this wonderful project, thank you
- Real New Zealand Tours is focussed on making a positive impact on our pristine environment, our multi-cultural society and our vibrant economy. We support the New Zealand Tourism Sustainability Commitment
Also, by our support of the Tiaki Promise - to care for New Zealand, we are making a commitment to act as a guardian of our land - to protect and preserve New Zealand now and for future generations
- When you wish to donate directly to our New Zealand Department of Conservation go to - email@example.com
- Regarding offsetting your carbon emissions on long haul flights - for example from London or Los Angeles to Auckland, is equal to driving a car 1,600kms/1,200 miles from Cape Reinga (top of our North Island) to Bluff (bottom of our South Island) = seven times!
Offset your carbon emissions -
For example -
Houston USA to Auckland return via Los Angeles journey distance = 24,645 kilometres/20,000 miles therefore carbon emissions equal 3.9 tonnes - CO₂
Help support native forests in New Zealand -
Welcome To Trees for Travellers - www.treesfortravellers.co.nz
A project dedicated to helping you give something back while you travel round New Zealand.
Gift a native New Zealand tree which is then planted on a local Kaikoura (South Island) Nature Reserve, to attract native bird life back to this beautiful coastal Canterbury town and offset some of the carbon emissions from your travels.
Kaikoura is a stunning place, but since Europeans arrived sadly it has lost 80% of its native forest. So please kindly help us to restore some of it back by donating a native tree today from just NZ$20.00 (small tree) to NZ$40.00 (large tree).
Imagine when you are here, visiting the actual location in Kaikoura to see with your very own eyes, your gift - your tree!
Real New Zealand Tours will gladly donate the NZ$95.00 fee Trees for Travellers Kaikoura staff charge to escort you to this location at a time, day, date to suit you!
Please contact us on this link below for further information -